My First Quote!

"Life is often like a Poem; when you begin to perceive it, it ends. But the lucky thing is, every end is a new beginning!" - My First Quote Ever
"Life is too precious to be just hanging around in it, too good to be just sleeping through most of it, and too passionate to be just thinking about it...... So, I WRITE..." ~ Sana Rose

October 14, 2010

The Blue-Eyed Boy's Mother

When I began to write this poem, I did not know how long it would be... Or whether I'd finish it... But I wanted to write it... The sad story of a young single mother and her little boy... It happens too often... The mother divided between her honor as a woman and her little son's eyes...
Posting a long poem in Poetfreak, I thought there wouldn't be much attention to it due to it's length but it made me happy when it got 20 comments making it the 2nd most appreciated poem in my archives. I feel satisfied about writing it... About choosing the topic... And using free verse unlike my usual styles and formats.

Some stories need to be told...

With prayers for all striving, surviving mothers...
Love,
SR

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have a thought to share, that's why you are here! So, SHARE IT!

"I Do Not Want To Be A Doctor Who Writes, But I Want To Be A Writer Who Heals..." - Sana Rose